Thursday, December 6, 2007


Introducing you to my kitchen. Believe me, my standards have had to change a bit, but it is doing the job for the moment. You will notice that i have an itsy bitsy stove. I am constantly using it. It is gas powered by way of the large gas tank to the right of it. It gets filled every couple of months unless you are like me and are constantly cooking and baking and have to have it filled every month! Then you will notice the microwave. I think i am probably the only person in this country with one. It was a special gift from my husband who thought i deserved one. He is so thoughtful... Next, observe big white bucket with spout. That is our water filter. The brown water goes into the top and miraculously clear water comes out. Reese's favorite thing right now is to fill up all of our glasses and cups - using the cool spigot - and leaving them around the house. Here she is showing off her chocolaty hands as we were making a cake for Daddy. Jamin is in on it too. Poor guy, I'm thankful for the highchair that some friends gave us, but he's still a little small for it and so the shoulder straps often get sucked on since they are at about eye level on him.

I have great aspirations for my kitchen in spite of it's lowly look at the moment. First thing is to paint. The color right now is a light yellow, it's fine, but I'm thinking I'll go with some Starbucks colors and get some coffee looking pictures (can i get those here?). I want a shelf along the wall for my baking canisters, a cupboard or stand for the filter and at some point a bigger stove. Who knows, maybe that will be another gift from my generous husband!

No comments: