Friday, January 18, 2008

Not really any pictures to post at the moment. But, that doesn't mean our life hasn't been moving along! Right now we are hosting some friends of ours for a few days. They just arrived in the country and we wanted to help them adjust slowly by providing a place for them to just rest and take life a moment at a time. They have a little guys who is three years old too! He and Reese have been playing together so well. She is the princess and he brings her the toys...

A friend of mine is being induced today. I am praying and thinking of her. It has caused me to think too. I remember when Reese was first born it was if I had finally 'found' myself. I have loved being a mom more than anything. It really completes me and give me so much joy! As I get older and experience more of life i've been realizing more of who I am. I mean for so long I thought I knew who I was, a Christian, wife, student, muscian... I love reading, sewing, coffee, candles on a cold night, bible studies with girlfriends... And of course I still love and am those things, but i realize, that I'm becoming more confident in who God has made me. I stand firm in my convictions of how God is leading me and teaching me and growing me. I may not have made it to the point another friend has, but confidently I am who I am. I may never be good at school and make A's, I may never be able to speak my second language very well, I may never be able to live like the people in this nation, but I can train my children to TRUST their Father God, I can host friends and bless them in my home, I can serve my husband with joy and enable him to accomplish his job more effectively.

But my greatest prayer is that I be found obedient to my Lord. We face pressure on every side, but we are not crushed. Fear can overwhelm and difficulty overpower us but the blood of Jesus is greater. There is power in his name! How great He is...

2 comments:

rachel joy said...

You bless your friends, even from so very far away. Thank you for this encouragement today, my friend!

markandjesss said...

thanks for the encouragement Renee!