Tuesday, March 31, 2009




A while ago I mentioned that I am starting a library for young and homeschooling families here. We decided to have it in Ben's office room which he volunteered himself. We have plans to paint the room and fill it with bookshelves, a rug, lamp and a comfy chair or two. Right now we have the one nice bookshelf you see on the far wall. We went to the second hand market and found a really cheap, but usable (for now) bookshelf for some of the other books. I want to get the room in working order by the time we leave this summer.

We have gotten donations from several places and people and are accepting anything anything right now. I wanted it to be for kids mainly, but any book donations are welcome! We have gotten many adult books recently. We need to raise some money for good bookshelves but I am sure everything will come together soon. My vision is that it be available a couple mornings a week for families to come and use. There is a bathroom off that room and room can be a quiet place for study. It seems like it will be a perfect space for a library. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out!

No comments: